- To provide the requisite leadership ensuring health, safety and instructional improvements to all district facilities as planned in the successful Bond Referendum of 2014.
- To enhance the opportunities for college and career readiness for Haddon Township High School Students by continuing to expand courses offerings at the high school.
- To enhance the instructional program and expand 21st century learning opportunities by infusing personal computing devices into the instructional program, as learning tools.
- To ensure college and career readiness through the delivery of CCSS aligned curricula and instruction throughout the school district.
Did you know that motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teens in the United States?
On May 13, we will be hosting Cruisin’ Smart™ for our students. Cruisin’ Smart, a community education initiative of Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital, is a unique program that brings people face to face with the consequences of driving impaired or distracted by using true-life tragedies to instruct and change attitudes. Young speakers who are survivors of life-altering injuries warn their audiences that being impaired or distracted while driving can often result in a fate worse than death.
This is a very powerful and important message we will be bringing to the student body. As part of the program, our students will be receiving 2 brochures.
1. “Student Safety Tips” – This brochure will include statistical information and facts/myths about the dangers of distracted driving. There will also be a reminder of how to develop a safety plan.
2. “Parent/Guardian Talking Guide” – This brochure is for you. It includes statistical information about distractive driving as well, but more importantly there are tips for you on how to have a conversation with your teen about the dangers of driving impaired and/or distracted. For your convenience, there is also a contract for you and your teen to develop.
I encourage you to ask your teen about these brochures, review the information and have a life changing conversation.
Please, join with me and encourage your teen to pay attention to the road at all times. Remind them of the value of “Cruisin’ Smart” and the consequences of distracted and impaired driving.
If you need any additional information or have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Student Assistance Counselor
Luke Petela wins his THIRD Meet of Champions title this year, running the 3200 6/3/15 and winning with a time of !!!!!!!
An unbelievable accomplishment. Congratulations Luke.